Kia Ora friends,
How much our lives can change in such a short space of time! We here in Otautahi have learnt this more than ever over the past years’ events. Whilst this state of uncertainty can produce a sense of chaos and stress, it’s always amazing to see the sense of connection and compassion that grows as a result of the immediacy of such events. Like the lotus blossoming from the mud.
Now more than ever we wish to reiterate the importance of yoga and community (sangha) in both our individual and collective health and wellbeing. We want you to know we are here for you.
Our class timetable continues as normal. In addition to this we’ve taken some informed steps to do our bit in protecting your health.
Here is how we’re responding:
- We are ensuring the studio space is cleaned thoroughly on a daily basis
- There will be hand sanitiser available within the studio
- Please wash your hands thoroughly with hot soapy water prior to practice
- We encourage you to bring your own mats, blankets, bolsters and eye pillows;
- If you would like to use our mats please clean with the alcohol-based cleaner prior to and post-yoga practice,
- If you are using the blankets/bolsters please bring your own towels to use between you and the blanket/bolster.
- There will be no hands-on assists offered
- Class sizes will be limited to 10 so we can keep optimal spacing between the mats
- We’ll be teaching Yoga tools and techniques that don’t involve touching your face
- We are keeping ourselves informed and being responsive to the ongoing updates from the government through Ministry of Health as well as WHO recommendations and will let you know of any other changes as they happen. We recommend having a read through the MoH information.
If you’re unwell please stay at home and rest up. We look forward to seeing you when you’re well again.
Most of all, now is the time that we encourage everyone to practice yoga regularly. Yoga helps to foster a sense of calm, reducing our heart rates, boosting our immune systems and providing an overall feeling of centred wellness. We will also incorporate more pranayama and meditation in our classes, these are great immune boosting practices, and we encourage you to do so in your self-practice too.