“Uprising” is the trading name of Bouldering Limited, a New Zealand-owned and operated company.
At Uprising, we are committed to your safety. Before using the facility, it is important that each person is aware that there are risks associated with bouldering, yoga, fitness equipment use and associated activities.
The risks include but are not limited to:
- Falling to the ground or onto other users
- Being fallen on by other users
- Sports injury and over-exertion
- Abrasions from the holds, walls, or the floor
- Equipment failure
- Injury through improper use of training and fitness equipment
- Other users not following the Conditions of Use
The risks of participating in bouldering and related activities may result in serious neck and spinal injuries (which may result in paralysis), serious injury or impairment to other aspects of the body or even death.
Conditions of Use
- All customers and visitors must check in at reception on arrival.
- If you are injured or witness an injury or unsafe or inappropriate behaviour please inform Uprising staff immediately.
- Customers and visitors must not participate in or supervise any climbing, fitness or yoga activities whilst under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or other substances.
- Uprising staff will ask anyone acting inappropriately or unsafely to leave the premises with no right to a refund.
- All first time or inexperienced climbers will be required to complete a safety induction with a staff member prior to climbing.
- All experienced climbers will be asked a short series of questions to demonstrate competence.
- All under 18s must have their safety agreement signed by a parent or guardian.
- Users under the age of 13 must be directly supervised by an experienced adult. This means child and adult being on the matted area together within clear sight of one another.
- Adults may supervise up to 3 under 13s providing the adult is an experienced, registered climber or has completed an induction with a staff member.
- Under 5s must be under constant close adult supervision. This means to be in arms reach of the child at all times. During peak times we may request this does not exceed a 1:1 ratio.
- Soft mats do not guarantee safety, the safety descent method is down climbing.
- Any fall may cause injury to yourself or others, please exercise caution at all times.
- Holds may spin or break, if this happens please inform a staff member.
- Please keep personal belongings off the mats, cubbies and lockers are provided.
- Keep the fall zone clear. Be aware of other climbers, and do not go underneath or over another climber.
- No bare feet on the climbing wall, clean closed-toe shoes must be worn at all times
- Please raise anything that concerns you including injuries and questions with your teacher
- Do what’s comfortable for you, listen to yourself – if in doubt opt out
- Please remove your shoes before entering the studio
- Belongings including water can be kept in the lockers downstairs or cubby holes in the Yoga studio
- Have a break from your phones or devices; please turn off or put on silent
Training and Fitness:
- Please observe the safety signage located alongside the training and fitness equipment.
- The equipment may not be used by under 18s unless supervised or authorised by an Uprising approved coach.
- Only use training and fitness equipment within your capabilities.
Uprising is committed to personal privacy and compliance with current privacy legislation. Any personal information collected and held will only be used or disclosed as follows:
- To third parties we have engaged to assist us to provide the products or services you have requested, for example personal trainers.
- For marketing of products or services.
- To prevent and resolve unauthorised access to, or attacks on our systems; or where otherwise legally permitted.
- CCTV surveillance is in use at this facility for safety and security.
- Photos and video of users may be collected for security and marketing purposes. We will endeavour to collect consent whenever possible if using images for marketing purposes and will remove any published images online by reasonable request.
- By providing us with your email address you consent to receive emails from us advising of updates, products and services available. You may unsubscribe from our email database at any time.
In signing you agree:
- To use the facilities at Uprising at your own risk, and take responsibility for any personal injury, property loss or damage caused to you or any under-18 you are signing on behalf of.
- To indemnify Uprising and its directors, staff and contractors from liability for any personal injury, property loss or damage caused to you, your next of kin or any under-18 you are signing on behalf of.
- To accept and follow the Uprising Conditions of Use
- To disclose any pre-existing medical or other conditions that may affect the risk that either yourself or any other person could suffer injury, loss or damage and will seek medical advice before participating. This information will only be viewable by Uprising staff.
- To authorise Uprising staff to instigate any necessary medical assistance and treatment required in an emergency.
- That these terms may be updated from time to time without notification, please refer to our website for the most recent terms and conditions.